Saturday, November 19, 2016

Raspberry Lemonade Cake

So we had our daughter born just a few weeks ago and before she arrives my sister and sisters in law threw me a small baby shower. It was very sweet, personal and unexpected. This is our third child all girls.
Anyway they got a bunt cake from the nearby cupcake place and it was the seasonal flavor raspberry and lemon. I really liked it and was wanting to try my wings at bunt cakes. I used a combination of recipes to create mine including the Americas Test Kitchen recipe for a lemon bunt cake.
I like my lemon things really lemony. You can see this most in the frosting. The cream cheese frosting has a natural tang but I added a lot of the zest and juice of the lemon to really give it a burst of lemony freshness.
Dusting the raspberries will help them not to all fall to the bottom and in the end the top of the cake. It helps to suspend them in the batter so they are more evenly distributed throughout the cake.

Raspberry Lemonade Cake

3 T lemon juice
3 T lemon zest
3 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
18 T butter
2 c sugar
3 eggs +1 yolk
3/4 c buttermilk
2 tsp vanilla
Raspberries

Frosting
8 oz cream cheese
2 c powdered sugar
1 T lemon zest
1 tsp lemon juice

1. Spray the bunt pan. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2.Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl combine the butter and sugar, once mixed add the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla lemon juice and zest.
4. Pour the wet into the dry and mix until just combined. Bake 45 minutes, cool 15 minutes in the pan before turning out onto a plate or cake stand to finish cooling.

1 comment:

  1. 😋👍drooling over here. I'll have to make this in the spring or something.

    ReplyDelete