Tuesday, December 6, 2016

December 6 : Leftovers

Leftover are much more exciting when you re purpose them into something else. Saturday I made carnitas. very yummy but for it I cooked a whole pork butt. After feeding my family and my sister who is minus her hubby for awhile I still had lots leftover. It was all part of the master plan. In the freezer I had enchilada soup saved from a big batch and turned the leftover meat from the carnitas into taquitos to go with them. Rachel dipped them in the soup like you would a grilled cheese into tomato soup. The leftover get used but we didn't feel like we were having leftovers again. Yay!
You can fill taquitos with lot of different leftover meat like pot roast or shredded chicken.
In college I even used canned roast beef. Gasp! Rinsed off the gravy seasoned it a little and turned it into taquitos.

No comments:

Post a Comment