Saturday, November 14, 2015

Chicken Salad

I have a hard time with the whole chicken, potato, egg and other mayo based salads. I am just not a mayo fan and while I have over come some of my other food fears mayo is still up there. That is why this recipe is so surprising. It has mayo and I like it.
What!
Have I changed?
No it is just very good.
I also cut the mayo with sour cream. More to calm myself down you can go straight mayo if you do enjoy it. For me it is baby steps.
This recipe could be eaten straight for a low carb version. I eat in on plain bread or a good roll but the very best way is on a buttery croissant. They are heaven. They are great for parties as small croissant sandwiches and have been used for many a baby or wedding shower or ladies events.
People always ask for the recipe. What makes it so nice is the varieties of texture and flavor. There are sweet grapes, savory chicken, bitter celery, bright lemon and creamy mayo/sour cream. You also get crunchy almonds, celery and green onion next to tender chicken and sauce.

Chicken Salad Sandwich

1 Rotisserie chicken, shredded (4 c)
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/3 Cup scallions
1/4 Cup sliced almonds
1/3 Cup mayonnaise
1 Cup celery, sliced
1 Cup grapes, halved
croissants

        1. Mix together the chicken, scallions, celery, grapes and almonds.
2. In a separate bowl mix together the mayo, lemon, salt and pepper.
3. Combine the two and mix well. Serve on crescent rolls if desired

No comments:

Post a Comment