Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Key Lime Pie

I have never been a huge cake fan. It's ok, but for my birthday I have more often than not opted for not traditional desserts like bread pudding, cobblers and pie.
In college and newly married I opted to have key lime pie for my birthday. I did not find real key limes I had real key lime juice. I followed the recipe on it which is the most uniform recipe for it there is and when you see how easy it is you will wonder why you would ever bother to buy it rather than make it yourself.

  


Key Lime Pie

1 graham cracker crust
3 egg yolks
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c key lime juice
whipped topping

1. Combine the egg, condensed milk and the juice.
2. Heat the oven to 350. Pour the mix into the crust.
3. bake 10-15 minutes until set. Cool. and refrigerate.
4. Top with whipped topping and serve.


Amazingly simple and also amazingly delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment