Thursday, April 30, 2015

Pico de gallo

Oh man, Cinco de Mayo is coming and you know what that means....my wedding anniversary! Also Mexican food I guess. Well Monday was my first day as head chef at my parents house. They are leaving for two years and my family will act as stewards of the house and my parents had signed up to feed the missionaries. I decided to make a copy cat Cafe Rio night and took a fabulous picture of the Pico de Gallo.

No mexican meal seems complete without it. Simple and refreshing it is the best.

Pico de Gallo

5 roma tomatoes, diced
1 onion. diced
1 bunch cilantro chopped
2 jalapenos, diced
1 lemon, juiced
1 tsp kosher salt

Toss everything to combine and let sit for a minute or two to combine. Taste for if it needs more lemon or salt.



I will try to do a big post with all the Cafe Rio recipes before Cinco de Mayo but no pics probably. 


No comments:

Post a Comment